Thursday

Of nightmare and non-existence

Hi.
Today is Thursday. Usually Thursday is the most tiring day of the week, because we have Phytochemistry lab practice in the afternoon, apart from 7 am class.
I am actually feeling dead tired while typing this entry.
Oh I just got back from Kartika Sari for dinner right after the lab session ended.
It's raining now.
It always rain nowadays.
Bandung is never pleasant when it rains.
Maybe because of the road infrastructure and others, it's just not comfortable.
I had been experiencing a lot of falls because the slippery road.
Ouch.
Well anyway the lab today wasn't so tiring, it was just about characterization of the isolate using the UV spectrophotometry. Basically it was just about waiting for the turn to use the instrument.
But what made me actually tired today was because I didn't have enough sleep.
I had a sleep for about 2-3 hours maybe,
I tried to sleep at 11 yesterday night, then I woke up at around 12 midnight, then not being able to sleep back.
I was tired. Really.
But I had this nightmare that just shocked me out of the sleep.
In my dream I was just finishing my dinner at Petronas Twin Tower with a friend.
Then it was time to go back and I was engrossed with some teddy bears that suddenly were displayed right before the elevator. Then it was time for the tower to close as it was late already, so I rushed into the elevator to get down.
And suddenly that elevator was falling. The thing I could remember was it was floor 38 and the we were all free falling. It was nerve-wrecking. The elevator stopped at floor 11 and was then back to normal condition. Weird. Then me and that friend and other lift passengers were all safely down to the lobby. Then we took the monorail to go back. But when it was time to reach the station the train has suddenly gotten out of track and we were all falling into some lake or maybe pool, er, I couldn't remember. I just saw that we were all inside water and some people had drowned and my friend has started to swell already (like the usually dead body drowned in the water). I survived. I took his clothes and cover the swollen body. And I pushed myself up, out of the water. It was scary. Shockingly scary, I guess, till I got up from the sleep and had my heart beating fast.
Then I could not go to sleep again.
Oh man.
I was feeling all these feeling, the free falling, the fear when the train suddenly going fast and got out of track (kinda feel like I was going on a roller coaster though).

Imagine how would you feel if you had the same nightmare, which would be worse if you have this acrophobia (fear of height)

or maybe tachophobia (the fear of speed)

The monorail was going like this roller coaster off the track.

I don't know how I can get such a freaking nightmare.
Maybe I was just stressed because there were a lot of things to do as lab journal book for phytochemistry haven't yet been done and I haven't revised the pharmacology and toxicology slides for there might be a quiz today (which turned out that there's no quiz because we were running out of time).
I did my lab book discussions and read through the slides as I couldn't sleep and then I felt sleepy when it was around 4-30 or 5 am. I slept for about an hour or so, and then I gotta wake up for I had class at 7 am.

So today isn't that bad.
Just that I felt tired. During the lab, towards the end I couldn't focus on the discussion already. My head was heavy I could collapse anytime,
Luckily in the end we had the UV spectra which is good (after several trials, of course).

Oh, apart from that whatever things, there's this guy in another room.
Ehermm...


He was working on his research. He looked busy, and occupied with his work.
I can just look at him from afar. Till the end of the lab session, even after the lab has ended. We passed by each other quite a time, but then, well, seems like he didn't even recognize my existence.
Well, why would he anyway...
*sigh*


And at that very time I felt sorry for myself.
There, there, again.
No he would never see me. Maybe. Yeah I told that already.
But then I would hope he didn't notice I was looking.
Or else, maybe


Let's just get over it.
It won't take long.
I hope so.

Well, I hope I won't be getting such nightmare anymore.
I don't think I am afraid of heights anyway. Oh come on even this cat is not!

(eleh, tengok bulu dia dah kembang macam tu, tak takut apanya, kan? huhu)
Really, I'm not afraid of heights, not even to insects. I just hate balloons.
Yes, balloons.

OK everybody, I'm going to rest. Tomorrow I have class in the morning and have to do some alkaloid reaction for the isolate to prove the isolate again.
Hurm, lab, again.
Good night people.
Sweet dreams for you, and for me too.
*love*

0 comments:

Post a Comment